- AIPPI JAPAN recognizes the importance of personal data and strives to ensure adequate protection of such data.
- We obtain, use, and provide personal data properly, only for the purposes provided under the articles of association, in addition to the purposes of delivery of periodicals and other types of information to our members, selling of publications, and seminars and other events organized by the association.
- We try to make sure that personal data is accurate and up-to-date to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use and, at the request of a person, we use reasonable efforts to disclose or rectify his/her personal data without delay.
- We strive to securely manage personal data by taking adequate measures to prevent unauthorized access, loss, corruption, tampering, leakage, etc.
- To securely manage personal data, we supervise our officers and staff members concerned in such a manner as deemed necessary and appropriate. When outsourcing tasks that involve the handling of personal data, we include a non-disclosure clause in an agreement with the contractors and supervise them in such a manner as deemed necessary and appropriate.
- We do not provide personal data to a third party except with the consent of a relevant person or except as permitted by laws and regulations.
- We comply with laws and regulations related to protection of personal data. Also, we revise and improve our approach to personal data protection as appropriate.
April 1, 2012
International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property of Japan